The voluntary act of donating money or goods
or providing some other support to a charitable cause.
Simply . . . Philanthropy is giving, serving, caring, sharing.
This fundraising program is designed
for others to help in the fight against pediatric cancer
by hosting your own event.
Know a child who is fighting against cancer? Maybe it's your neighbor, your niece, your child's classmate, your son... Help us eliminate pediatric cancer and give children with cancer a smile, a laugh, the chance to just be a kid.
Through our Bearlanthropy Program you can raise money and awareness to support Bear Hugs, research to end childhood cancer or support services for a patient and their family. Complete and return an application to start planning your own Bearlanthropy event today!
Here are some ideas:
- Host a jewelry party or fashion event.
- Organize a walk-a-thon
- Host an event on Facebook or Twitter
- Host a car wash, bake sale, garage sale
- Host a split the pot raffle
- Host a dinner party, barbeque or bar event - ask for donations at the door
- Challenge other classrooms, teams, departments to raise the most money
- Put together a gift card drive - Collect grocery and gas gift cards for families
- Ask for donations instead of gifts for your birthday, bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah
Be creative - think of what you would like to do to raise money and have fun! Remember Bearlanthropy is for kids and adults alike! Become a Bearlanthropist by contacting Karen Carey at 312.214.1200 x29 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Need help coming up with an idea? Just call or email Karen!